The Fibrelight Cradle is a maritime recovery system that can be operated by a single crewmember. The Cradle also serves as a boarding ladder, scramble net and stretcher.
The Fibrelight Cradle is lighter, more compact and more versatile than any comparable devices on the market. The Cradle requires only regular inspections and minimal maintenance, so there is no requirement to pay for annual servicing.
The Cradle has been primarily designed for use by rescue craft, rigid inflatables, ship lifeboats and marinas, however it is currently in use in many other vessels and industries.
The Fibrelight Cradle enables MOB recovery by one end of the Cradle being secured to the craft and the outboard end being held away from the boat by hand, boat hook or bridle. The MOB is then guided into the Cradle and once securely in the outboard end of the Cradle is then hauled in rung by rung. Using this parbuckling action the MOB is safely rolled up and over the side of the craft.
The standard dimensions are 1.3 metres wide by lengths of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 meters, however bespoke sizes are available to suit the customers’ needs. A 3m Cradle weighs as little as 5 kilograms.
Recommended size of the Cradle should be at least double the length of the freeboard height, in order to allow the Cradle to reach the water and the outboard end of the Cradle to be held at deck height.
The Cradles are constructed using carbon fibre rods enclosed in flanged tubular webbing. When the webbing tubes are fitted and sewn at right angles between the double thickness pockets of a second webbing, an incredibly strong structure is created. In this way the rod is fully supported within the vertical members of the ladder.
ISO 799 strength test, as part of the SOLAS approval programme required successive rungs to be loaded to over 900kgs and sustained for one minute without failure. The Cradle construction has also been tested and approved for thermal ageing, weathering, UV light, oil resistance and practical performance.
- SOLAS approved
- Multiple uses
- No annual servicing required
- 3 years manufacturers warranty
- Width - 1.3m
- Lengths - 2m - 7m
- Weight - 1.6 kg per metre
The following additional extras are available separately:
- ATTACHMENT SLING; to add length and convert the cradle from 6-point linkage to 2 or 3-point linkage
- BALLAST RUNG; to offer sinkage in the middle rungs of the Cradle, particularly useful when operated from a davit
- EXTENDABLE RESCUE POLE; to assist with bringing the MOB towards the Cradle
- LOOP-THROUGH BAG; this enables the Cradle to be permanently attached whilst in its weather-proof carrier
PATENTS & CERTIFICATES
- UK Patent GB2451127
- European Patent 2178743
- US Patent 8905803
- Certificate of Design Registration (IPO) 4028064
- SOLAS Certificate number SAS S100150